Christopher R. Fortenbach, MD, PhD
Dr. Christopher Fortenbach is a Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellow at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences. Expected completion date is June 2023.
Dr. Fortenbach completed his Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences in June 2021.
He became a member of the EyeRounds Editorial Board in Spring 2019.
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- PhD, Biochemistry, University of California, Davis
- MD, University of California, Davis
- BS, Food Science, Biochemistry, University of California, Davis
- Quist TS, Fortenbach CR, Miller MA, Bettis DI. Topiramate-induced angle closure. EyeRounds.org. April 9, 2019. Available from http://EyeRounds.org/cases/283-topiramate-induced-angle-closure.htm
- Walling A, Fortenbach CR, Larson SA, Kemp PS. Congenital Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction. EyeRounds.org. Posted May 13, 2020; Available from https://EyeRounds.org/cases/296-congenital-nasolacrimal-duct-obstruction.htm
- Yom KH, Mai AP, Fortenbach CR, Wibbenmeyer LA, Wang K, Shriver EM. Orbital Compartment Syndrome in a Burn Patient. EyeRounds.org. Posted May 15, 2020; Available from https://EyeRounds.org/cases/297-OCS-in-burn-patient.htm
- Yom KH, Fortenbach CR, Binkley EM. Primary Vitreoretinal Lymphoma (PVRL). EyeRounds.org. September 17, 2020. Available from https://EyeRounds.org/cases/303-primary-vitreoretinal-lymphoma.htm
- Silverman JIM, Stiff HA, Fortenbach CR, Oetting TA. Diabetic White Cataract. EyeRounds.org. September 23, 2020. Available from https://EyeRounds.org/cases/304-diabetic-white-cataract.htm
- Wolfel L, Fortenbach C, Yu C, Kemp P. Optics and Refraction: From One Medical Student to Another. EyeRounds.org. May 20, 2021. Available from http://EyeRounds.org/tutorials/optics-and-refractions-medical-student/index.htm
last updated: 09/09/2021