Nandini G. Gandhi, M.D.
Dr. Nandini Gandhi received a bachelors of science in Biological Sciences from Stanford University. After college she studied women's reproductive health as a Fulbright fellow at the TATA Institute of Social Sciences in Bombay, India. She received her medical degree from the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine. She began her Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa in July of 2007, and served as Chief Medical Editor for EyeRounds from July 2009 to June 2010.
In June of 2010, Dr. Gandhi completed her Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa and continued her education as a fellow in Pediatric Ophthalmology at Duke University where she was named Fellow of the year in 2010-2011. She is currently in an academic medicine practice at the University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA
Gandhi N, Oetting TA, Kirby P: The Case of the Squeegee and the Drifting Spots. EyeNet. January 2008; 12(1):49-51.
Gill DA, Lakew T, Alemayehu W, Melese M, Zhou Z, House JI, Hong KC, Ray KJ, Gandhi N, Whitcher JP, Gaynor BD, Lietman TM. Complete elimination is a difficult goal for trachoma programs in severely affected communities. Clin Infect Dis. 2008 Feb 15;46(4):564-6.
Lietman TM, Neuwelt MD, Gandhi NG, Dalmon CA, Benitah N. Trachoma research: it takes more than a village. Lancet. 2006 Feb 4;367(9508):395.
- Gandhi N, Oetting TA. Ocular Rosacea: 62-year-old female with blurry vision and red, itchy eyes. EyeRounds.org. Posted November 18, 2007; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/77-Ocular-Rosacea-Blurry-Red-Itchy.htm
- Gandhi N, Oetting TA, Kirby P. Ocular Sardoidosis: A systems-based approach to diagnosis and treatment. EyeRounds.org. Posted November 5, 2007; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/76-Ocular-Sarcoidosis-Systems-Based.htm
- Gandhi N, Oetting TA. Communication Issues Following a Post Operative Surprise. EyeRounds.org. January 15, 2010; January 15, 2010; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/105-Professionalism-post-op-surprise.htm
- Gandhi N, Allen RC. Congenital Ptosis. EyeRounds.org. Posted July 20, 2010; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/ cases/114-Congenital-Ptosis.htm
- Gandhi N, Syed NA, Allen RC: Orbital Eosinophilic Granuloma. Eyerounds.org. September 16, 2010; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/120-orbital-eosinophilic-granuloma.htm