Alex W. Cohen, MD, PhD
Dr. Cohen was an Ophthalmology Resident at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences completing his residency in June 2010. He remained at UIHC to do a Fellowship in Cornea and External Diseases. Upon completion of his fellowship in June of 2011, he joined the Dean A. McGee Eye Institute/University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology.
- BS (Biochemistry), Univ of Arizona
- MD, PhD Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency, The University of Iowa
- Fellowship, Cornea and External Diseases, The Unoversity of Iowa
- Cohen AW, Oetting TA. Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome (TASS): A System's Based View of a Day in the Life of a Canula. EyeRounds.org. Posted May 7, 2008; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/85-Toxic-Anterior-Segment-Syndrome-TASS-Systems-Based.htm
- Cohen AW, Graff JM. Presumed Ocular Histoplasmosis (POHS): 30-year-old male with blurred central vision. EyeRounds.org. Posted April 2, 2008; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/83-Presumed-Ocular-Histoplasmosis-POHS.htm
- Cohen AW, Rogers G, Oetting TA. PROFESSIONALISM COMPENTENCY: The PASCAL (PAttern SCAn Laser) Argon Laser: Getting Started [tutorial]. EyeRounds.org. Posted March 2, 2009; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/tutorials/PASCAL-laser-tutorial.htm
- Cohen, AW, Kardon R. Recurrent neuroretinitis. EyeRounds.org. January 26, 2010; Available from: http://www.eyerounds.org/cases/107-Recurrent-Neuroretinitis.htm
- Cohen AW, Allen R. Carotid Cavernous Fistula. EyeRounds.org. May 14, 2010; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/111-Carotid-Cavernous-Fistula.htm.
- Welder J, Kardon RH, Cohen A, Wagoner MD, Bilateral Corneal Edema Associated with Amantadine Use. Eyerounds.org. September 27, 2010; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/123-amantadine-corneal-edema.htm.