Lucas J. A. Wendel, MD
Dr. Wendel finished his Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences in June 2010. He remained an additional year at UIHC as a Medical Retina Fellow. Upon completion of his fellowship Dr. Wendel entered private practice at Koziol-Thoms Eye Associates in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- BS (Biological Sciences), Univ of Notre Dame
- MD, Univ of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency, The University of Iowa
- Fellowship, Medical Retina, The University of Iowa
- Wendel LJA, Longmuir SQ, Syed NA. Non-accidental Trauma: An unresponsive infant with bilateral retinal hemorrhages. EyeRounds.org. Posted February 12, 2009; Available from: http://www.eyerounds.org/cases/92-nonaccidental-trauma.htm
- Wendel LJA, Jensen L, Longmuir SQ. Congenital Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus (LCMV) infection: 1-week-old male with hydrocephalus and bilateral chorioretinitis. EyeRounds.org. Posted February 2, 2009; Available from: http://www.eyerounds.org/cases/91-LCMV.htm
- Wendel LJA, Carter KD. Distichiasis: 64-year-old white male with bilateral eye irritation. EyeRounds.org. Posted May 7, 2008; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/cases/84-Distichiasis-Extra-Eyelashes.htm
- Hong ES, Birkholz ES, Wendel LJA, Allen RC. Orbital inflammation secondary to bisphosphonate therapy (orbital pseudotumor). EyeRounds.org. December 29, 2009; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/101-orbitalpseudotumor.htm.
last updated: 07-01-2011