Session 5: Oral Exam Potential Question
1) What is the Little Technique and describe the steps of the Little Technique?
A) The Little Technique is a technique used to rescue the capsule tear when it starts to become radial.
B) Steps of the Little Technique
- Unfold the anterior capsule flap and lay it flat against the lens cortex
- With the capsulorhexis forceps, hold the flap near the root of tear
- Pull back circumferentially in the direction from where it came, applying the force in the plane of the capsule
- Holding the flattened flap under tension, direct traction more centrally