ONLINE PRIVACY INFORMATION
This page provides a general overview of how University of Iowa Ophthalmology Department collects information from you when you are using the EyeRounds website, how that information is used, and how we protect information you provide to us.
We comply with the University of Iowa Privacy guidelines. https://uiowa.edu/homepage/online-privacy-information.
Any information you elect to give on any of our help forms or other forms on EyeRounds will only be used by the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences to contact you if you ask us to do so.
INFORMATION GATHERED AUTOMATICALLY
You can disable cookies by changing preference settings in your web browser. You can use the vast majority of EyeRounds pages with cookies disabled, but you may find that some functions require cookies.
Google serves cookies to analyze traffic to this site. Information about your use of our site is shared with Google for that purpose. Keep reading this page for more information about this.
EyeRounds does not use pixel tags, "web beacons", "web bugs", or clear GIFs to collect information of any kind.
Third-party tracking tools
EyeRounds uses Google Analytics as a tracking tool to monitor and improve our site. This tool may collect the following information:
- Internet protocol (IP) address for your computer/device. (Your IP address is anonymized by removing the last octet of the IP address (your IP becomes 126.96.36.199 — where the last portion/octet is replaced with a ‘0’). This will happen before storage and processing begins. The full IP address is never written to the disk.)
- Internet service provider
- Website from which you arrived
- Operating system and web browser software
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you visit on this site
- Terms you use in our site’s search engines
Google Analytics helps our web site administrators track site usage, understand how users find the site, and improve website function and content. More information about Google’s policy regarding Google analytics.
Our web server periodically generates logs that include basic information helpful in monitoring website usage and performance. These logs are retained for up to one year:
- Internet protocol (IP) address for your computer/device. The university will not share this information with third parties except as required by law or as necessary to protect the university’s interests.
- Web browser software and plugins
- Date and time of your visit
- Path taken through our sites
- Files downloaded and time spent accessing video or audio files
- Any errors you encounter
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
Some of the pages in this site may request personal information via forms, surveys, etc. On each of the forms pages we explain how this information will be used and, in keeping with University of Iowa policy, use it only for the purpose described.
You can choose whether to provide this information. Providing personal information on a voluntary basis may be necessary for certain services (for example, joining a mailing list or registering for a program).
The university will not share your personal information with third parties except:
- As required by law
- As necessary to protect the university’s interests
If you express interest about university programs, UI units and vendors contracted by the university may match limited personal information with information about how you use any UI website.
University of Iowa websites such as EyeRounds may include links to non-UI sites. The university is not responsible for privacy practices on non-UI sites.
Web technologies are continually changing, and EyeRounds may use new technologies over time. We will update this statement when such changes affect the information collected.
The University of Iowa, its units, employees, and agents shall not be liable for improper or incorrect use of information obtained through the use of UI websites.
By using University of Iowa websites, you consent to the terms of this privacy statement.