Nd:YAG Laser Posterior Capsulotomy
- Demonstrate ability to perform YAG capsulotomy using simulation with faculty or senior resident
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding use of YAG laser
- Demonstrate understanding of the concerns regarding combined YAG-SLT laser units such as the one at the ICVA.
- Nd:YAG Laser Posterior Capsulotomy , https://www.aao.org/munnerlyn-laser-surgery-center/ndyag-laser-posterior-capsulotomy-3
- Dunn, James P., Miller, Kevin M. “Chapter 6: Nd:YAG Laser Capsulotomy and Anterior Lens Surface Polishing”. Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery. Edited by Jean Hausheer, MD. 2019. San Francisco, CA: American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Ledesma-Gil G, Yannuzzi LA, Freund KB, Mainster MA, Capsulotomy-SLT lasers continue to cause severe, permanent macular injuries lasers continue to cause severe, permanent macular injuries, Ophthalmology (2020), doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ophtha.2020.05.029
Suggested citation format: Haugsdal J, Kitzmann A, Oetting TA. The Iowa Ophthalmology Wet Laboratory. EyeRounds.org. Updated Posting June 28, 2021. Originally Posted December 6, 2012. Available from http://www.EyeRounds.org/tutorials/Iowa-OWL-o2021/