Brian K. Privett, M.D.
Dr. Brian Privett was a Summa Cum Laude Graduate (B.S.) of Southeast Missouri State University. He received his medical degree from the The University of Missouri, Columbia, School of Medicine, where he was a Bryant Scholar. He began his Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa in July of 2008 and was appointed to the EyeRounds.org Editorial Board in July of 2009. He completed his Ophthalmology Residency in June of 2011 and is now a comprehensive ophthalmologist at the Iowa Eye Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
While in undergraduate and medical school, Dr. Privett was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi Collegiate Honor Society, and a recipient of the Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity Distinguished Service Key.
Dr. Privett has been very active in a number of leadership and public service activities. He has been a Habitat for Humanity Volunteer, the vice-president of the American Medical Student Association. He was an Eagle Scout, has been active in Boy Scouts of America for many years, and was a Cub Scout den leader for underpriviledged children while in Medical School. His hobbies include camping, hiking, canoeing and sailing. He is an accomplished pianist and also enjoys singing as well as playing guitar and trumpet.
- Privett B, Oetting TA. Competition leads to Healthcare savings: A systems based case from the VA. EyeRounds.org. Posted June 24, 2009; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/95-systems-based-competition-leads-to-healthcare-savings.htm
- Privett B, Watts C. Ophthalmology Wet Lab: Basic Setup [video tutorial]. EyeRounds.org Facebook Page. Posted October 22, 2009. Available from: http://bit.ly/4Ehk8S
- Privett B, Stone EM. RPE65-associated Leber Congenital Amaurosis. February 16, 2010; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/genetic/001-RPE65-LCA.htm.
- Privett BK, Kardon RH. Spinocerebellar Ataxia with Ophthalmoplegia: 46-year-old male presenting with progressive esotropia. EyeRounds.org. February 16, 2010; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/109-SCA.htm.
- Privett B, Mahajan BV. Vitamin A Deficiency and Nyctalopia: 55-year-old male with gradual onset of night blindness. EyeRounds.org. February 22, 2011; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/130-vitamin-a-deficiency.htm