Ben J. Janson, MD
Dr. Ben Janson is an ophthalmologist at Eye Physicians and Surgeons in Iowa City, IA.
Dr. Janson completed his Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences in June 2020.
He became a member of the EyeRounds Editorial Board in Spring 2018 and served as Chief Medical Editor of EyeRounds during the 2019-2020 academic calendar year.
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- BS, Microbiology and Genetics, Iowa State University
- Ophthalmology Residency, The University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Janson BJ, Kam JP, Alward WLM. Hypotony: Late hypotony from trabeculectomy and Ahmed seton with resulting hypotony maculopathy. EyeRounds.org. posted April 24, 2017; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/250-Hypotony.htm
- Janson BJ, Weingeist TA. Vitreoretinal Traction (VRT) and Cystoid Macular Edema (CME). EyeRounds.org. Posted August 24, 2017; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/atlas/pages/Vitreoretinal-Traction-VRT-and-CME.html
- Janson BJ. Incidental Retinal Embolus. EyeRounds.org. Posted August 24, 2017; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/atlas/pages/incidental-retinal-embolus.htm
- Janson BJ. Radiation Retinopathy. EyeRounds.org. Posted August 24, 2017; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/atlas/pages/radiation-retinopathy.htm
- Janson BJ. Diabetic Macular Edema. EyeRounds.org. Posted August 24, 2017; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/atlas/pages/diabetic-macular-edema.htm
- Janson BJ, Oetting TA, Sohn EH. Early onset macular drusen and C3 glomerulopathy (formerly type II membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis-associated drusen). EyeRounds.org. Posted October 9, 2017; Available from http://EyeRounds.org/cases/259-GA-Drusen.htm
- Janson BJ. Transiridal Ozurdex Complication. EyeRounds.org. October 9, 2017; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/atlas/pages/Transiridal-Ozurdex-Complication.htm
- Janson BJ, Han IC. Full-Thickness Macular Hole (FTMH). EyeRounds.org. November 22, 2017; Available from http://EyeRounds.org/cases/261-FTMH.htm
- Janson BJ. Congenital tilting of the optic nerve with situs inversus. EyeRounds.org. May 1, 2018; Available from http://EyeRounds.org/atlas/pages/congenital-tilting-optic-nerve.htm
- Janson BJ. Bilateral serous retinal detachments from acute hypertensive retinopathy. EyeRounds.org. May 1, 2018; Available from http://EyeRounds.org/atlas/pages/bilateral-serous-retinal-detachments-HTN-retinopathy.htm
- Stiff HA, Chung AT, Benage M, Janson BJ, Fox AR, Oetting TA, Shriver EM. Orbital Compartment Syndrome Curriculum. EyeRounds.org. Posted September 4, 2018; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/tutorials/ocs/index.htm
last updated: 07/01/2019