Christopher A. Kirkpatrick, MD
Dr. Kirkpatrick is an ophthalmologist with Davis Duehr Dean Ophthalmology in Madison, Wisconsin.
He was a Resident at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, graduating in June of 2016.
He became a member of the EyeRounds Board in June of 2014 and served as Chief Medical Editor of EyeRounds during the 2015-2016 academic calendar year.
- BS, Biology, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, Washington
- MD, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City
- Ophthalmology Residency, the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Kirkpatrick CA, Shah SS, Goins KM, Allen RC. Lattice Corneal Dystrophy Type II – Meretoja’s Syndrome: A 68-year-old female presents with progressive decline in vision and glare. EyeRounds.org. August 21, 2013; available from http://EyeRounds.org/cases/176-Meretoja.htm.
- Kirkpatrick CA, Thurtell MJ. Ocular Tilt Reaction: 53-year-old female complaining of vertical diplopia following a stroke and found to have a skew deviation, fundus torsion, and torticollis. Dec 31, 2014; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/200-OTR.htm
- Perry CB, Kirkpatrick CA, Beebe JM, Thurtell MJ. Sagging eye syndrome. Feb 9, 2015; Available from http://EyeRounds.org/cases/204-sagging-eye.htm
- Kirkpatrick CA, Scott WE. Monofixation Syndrome: 11-year-old female referred after inability to improve vision with refraction in the left eye. Feb 23, 2015; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/205-monofixation-Syndrome.htm
- Kirkpatrick C, Klauer T. How to Perform a Basic Cover Test in Ocular Misalignment or Strabismus [video]. April 24, 2015; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/video/basic-cover-test.htm
- Kirkpatrick CA, Oetting TA. Contributing to EyeRounds: A guideline for authors. EyeRounds.org. posted August 16, 2015; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/tutorials/contributing-to-eyerounds
- Klauer AJ, Kirkpatrick CA, Thurtell MJ. Cranial Nerve IV (Trochlear Nerve) Palsy: 57-year-old male complaining of vertical diplopia after head trauma. EyeRounds.org. posted Nov. 10, 2015; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/225-CN-IV-palsy.htm
- Lenci LT, Sciegienka S, Kirkpatrick CA, Clark TJ, Syed NA, Shriver EM. Malignant Lesions of the External Periocular Tissues Tutorial. EyeRounds.org. posted May 4, 2017; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/tutorials/malignant-lesions-of-ext-periocular-tissues/index.htm
* Dr. Kirkpatrick is also a contributor to the EyeRounds Atlas